Happy Monday friends! If I am being completely honest with you, then this last week was an absolute bust as far as eating vegan or vegetarian goes. And the reason behind it is all vanity. What can I say, I’m human.
With my wedding shower less than 2 weeks away, I have been watching what I eat. And although vegan and vegetarian lifestyles can be healthy, they usually are not that low carb. When I gain and lose weight, it goes directly to and comes directly from my mid section… if I omit carbs from my diet, the latter happens. So I have been doing just that!
Although I didn’t come through this week with a beautiful college of pictures all of vegan and vegetarian meals, I do have a recipe for you that is in fact vegetarian as well as delicious!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad: Serves 4
- 1 Cup of Cooked and Rinsed Quinoa
- 1/2 of a Large Cucumber
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1 Large Yellow Sweet Pepper
- 1 Small Purple Onion
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/8 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese (Optional)
- Rinse all ingredients and lay out.
- Chop all vegetables and mix together.
- Add quinoa to the mixed vegetables.
- Drizzle with olive oil, vinegar and add garlic.
- Cover bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- If you are going to use feta, sprinkle in right before eating.
This salad is delicious, travels well and can be made then eaten all week long, because it honestly get’s better with time. It is a great source of fiber, protein and magnesium. I know that this salad will be making it’s way to the beach and pool with me many times this summer and I love than I can eat it and after still feel light yet full.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a great Monday!
————Did you know that quinoa is actually a seed, not a grain!—————