Hi everyone… today’s post is from Sarah, who is ending a very nice an warm vacation in Florida! I (Leah) must apologize for the lack of consistency this week here on the blog. After getting off my plane on Tuesday morning, I immediately ran to the hospital. My dad was in for some diabetic/kidney issues and from there I ran to work, and then back to the hospital after. Between meeting deadlines for school, fitting in my 1/2 marathon training and work, I haven’t been able to get here to get things out for you guys to read. Again, I apologize for this and things will be resuming as of today. Thank you for your patience 🙂 Now on to the goods… Take it away Sarah!
I always have a hard time thinking of healthy meals to cook when I have company. Here is a delicious and healthy/filling recipe for a high protein meal.
Serve with this recipe if you enjoy rice!
Crockpot Chicken Salsa Bake
- Boneless Skinless Chicken 12oz (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 1 can Bush’s Best – Reduced Sodium Black Beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 can Newman’s Own – All Natural Chunky Salsa Medium
- 14.5oz can Hunt’s – Tomatoes, Petite, Diced
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1 peeled, diced sweet potato
- Place diced tomatoes on bottom of crockpot.
- Toss in all other ingredients except for the salsa and chicken.
- Next, place the chicken breasts over the top of the ingredients and spread the salsa over the chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
Serves 6 – cal 238, 39 carbs, 3 fat, 19 protein, 522 sodium, 11 sugar