Hey ya’ll, it’s Sarah! I came up with this muffin recipe off the top of my head last night, because I was craving carbs, peanut butter, and sweets. It’s a great way to start off your day, it’s healthy, and it’s low calorie and packed with nutrients. I added PB2 to this recipe, which is a form of peanut butter with 85% less fat calories than traditional peanut butter. Check out the ingredients below! And if you’re feeling nutty, add a few walnuts, cashews, or almonds! Enjoy!
- 1 finely chopped medium Granny Smith apple
- 5 chopped Prunes
- 1/4 cup washed Blueberries
- 2 Tbs PB2 Powder (or organic peanut butter)
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbs ground Flax Seed
- 1 cup organic, unsweetened Apple Sauce (check ingredients so there is NO Fructose Syrup)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbs Chia Seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites
- 1 Tbs Organic, Raw Honey
- Heat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (PB2 powder, oats, baking soda, chia seeds, flax seeds)
- In another Large bowl, add chopped apple, prunes, blueberries, apple sauce, milk, egg whites, and honey.
- Add the dry ingredients into the Large bowl and mix together.
- In a cupcake pan, add baking cups so your ingredients don’t stick to the pan. Pour ingredients into the cups until they are full to the top
- Bake for 45min -1hr (depends on oven)
Nutritional Information: Serving: 1 Muffin (This recipe makes 12 muffins)
85 calories, 17 carbs, 2 fat, 3 protein, 83 sodium, 1 sugar