Hey guys, Sarah here! I have an amazing Veggie Pizza recipe for you today! I made it last night for dinner and it was finger lickin’ good. The good news is that this recipe is extremely versatile and very low in calories. Also, it was surprisingly filling. I have some substitutions for you that I will mention next to the item in the Ingredients section. If you need more calories, or more protein, try adding some lean chicken or turkey sausage to it. If you need even more calories, try making a BBQ Chicken pizza with BBQ sauce, chicken, red onion, and cheese. Not only does it taste amazing, it literally took me ten minutes to make.
- 1 Maria and Ricardo’s Sprouted Grain tortilla (Substitute: Ezekiel tortillas, gluten-free tortillas, regular whole wheat tortillas)
- 1/4 cup Hunts tomato sauce- Basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup bell peppers
- 1/2 uncooked spinach
- 1/2 of a medium sized, thinly sliced tomato
- 1/4 cup Daiya vegan cheddar cheese (can substitute with low fat cheese, goat cheese, cheddar cheese)
- 1/4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
Add any veggies that you like (Mushrooms, broccoli, black olives, sun dried tomatoes, asparagus, etc). Pile it on.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortilla on an un-greased baking sheet
- Spread tomato sauce onto tortilla
- Add spinach, then sliced tomatoes, then the rest of your veggies
- Top with cheese
- Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes depending on how crispy you like it.
Nutritional Information: Serves 1 person
312 Calories, 44 carbs, 9 fat, 20 protein, 994 sodium, 11 sugar