Hi friends, technically I am two days late with this post. I have pondered this year probably more than I needed to. I have looked over goals, written them down and then erased them. I have considered breaking my goals up into categories… then realized I don’t want my goals for this year to be so systematic. That’s when I decided to set my brain to the side and show up here, ready to write. I figure the things that are important to me, the things that are in my heart rather than in my head, those are the things that will end up in this post. Those are the things that I will still want to be working towards come my birthday in March, family time in June, my honeymoon in September, and Christmas vacation 12 months from now. So here I go…
1. Consistency – I want to be more consistent in life… I wrote about this before, and I have honestly been much more thoughtful of this character trait. However, I really desire to bring it to the next level. Specifically in my health journey… I want this year to be a year in which I am consistent in my eating and exercising. Whether this means I consistently lose weight and tone up, or I consistently maintain my weight. I just want to stop the dramatic and some times compulsive habits I sometimes find myself partaking in. In terms of exercising, I want to really pursue running. My biggest issue with running is the treadmill and Michigan’s slightly bi-polar weather. Therefore, for this one I am going to have to confront my mind and push through mental running challenges. Yesterday I ran 2 miles outside and today I ran 2 miles on the treadmill. Slowly but surely, as long as I am consistent, I know I will see great improvements this year.
2. Patience – I am not patient… not with others, not with myself, most of the times not even with children. This year I am making great effort to confront this area of my life and not just mentally, but truly live it out in all areas of life. I intend to tackle this issue spiritually and I expect it to be more difficult than learning to enjoy running on a treadmill. However, I know this is possible if I keep my eyes and heart focused on honoring God through this process and I am sure that despite my lack of faithfulness, His faithfulness will lead me to become a more patient person if I act obediently.
3. Creativity – I do no consider myself a creative person. I wish I was one and I strongly believe that creativity is a state of heart. In my opinion we are all gifted with creativity; which is why I intend to take on different projects, participate in various events, and try out different forms of art, in hopes to bring out the creative side of me.
4. Reading – I truly enjoy reading books and I believe I have enjoyed reading them ever since I can remember. This year, my goal is to read at least 15 different books. Last year I was able to accomplish my goal of reading 10 books and I cannot wait until I meet my new goal of 15 books. A few books that are on this years list are:
- The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren
- My Story by Elizabeth Smart
- The Witness Wore Read by Rebecca Musser
- The Unhealthy Truth by Robyn O’brien
- Wheat Belly by William Davis.
If you have read any of these books or plan on reading them, please comment so we can discuss these together.
5. Supplementation – In previous years I have gone to all extremes in regards to supplementation. At times I haven’t even taken a multivitamin because of the various theories that I have heard on them to taking 20 different supplements a day. In the last few weeks, I have done my research and have been able to narrow down all of the supplementation that my body needs along with the help of a medical professional. This year I will be focusing on balancing my hormones and maintaining my iron levels where they need to be with the help of supplementation. I have decided to allow all other talk and recommendation go wayward and instead focus on the things I KNOW that my body needs.
6. The Shift Bar – It is no secret that I lack technical and grammatical elegance. In fact, I am so bad at these two life skills that Coop and my sister spend just about as much time working on this blog as I do. I often call Coop almost in tears asking how I manage myself on this space machine that is a computer, and my sister MUST read all my posts before I publish them if there is any hope of my sentences making any sense. I am so unbelievably grateful to them however I am going to have to start making effort in managing my self in these areas if I ever want to live life independent from these two individuals (in all honest though, I don’t know that I actually want to). Anyways… I have this issue in which I hold the shift bar down about an eighth of a second to long which results in almost every first work of every sentence I write having not only the first letter capitalized but also the second. I then have to go back and un-capitalize about 20 letters in my blog. It’s really nonsense… this year, I will over come it. Actually this is the one thing on my list that I’m not sure I will successfully do, but I am ready to pull my hair out and I really want long hair for my wedding so I am praying and hoping and begging that this issue will somehow get resolved.