I’m dedicating this week to recipes… well kind of. Everyday this week I will be posting a new recipe, but I will also be adding a second post some days concerning the new year and other material. I am so excited to share with you what this new year will look like for all of us and I’m also very excited to share with you these delicious recipes.
I’ve been in Nashville since last Friday, cooking and doing research. Have I told you guys how much I love research and documentaries? I was talking to my mom the other day and she asked if Coop and I are doing anything for the new year and I said no… then I changed the subject to a documentary I recently watched. My mom laughed and then said, “Honey I love you but you are so boring”. I replied with “yeah I am!” and continued talking about the documentary. I feel like I have learned SO much this week and that I have so much to tell you all about in upcoming posts.
Anyways, getting onto today’s recipe. This recipe was something I just thought up when I was craving some Mexican food but wasn’t craving the aftermath of the meal. I’m calling it Mexican Chicken Bake and it was a major hit! It’s relatively easy to make and feed quite a few people. The key to this recipe, because it is high in good nutritional calories, is portion control! In fact, this dish should serve at least 6 people.
- 1 Can of Organic Corn
- 1 Can of Organic Black Beans
- 3 Medium Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Large Chicken Breast
- 3 Large Scallions
- 2 tsp. of minced Garlic
- 1 oz. of a Mexican blend Cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 350* F.
- Cut up chicken into 4 oz. servings.
- Cut up all other ingredients and place to the side.
- In a sauce pan, combine tomatoes and scallions and cook on low for about 10-12 minutes stirring every 3 minutes or so.
- In a baking dish, layer your chicken with the tomatoes, scallions, black beans and then corn.
- On top, sprinkle the garlic and cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and baked for 15 minutes.
- Take baking dish out and remove foil, then place back in the over and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through (test by cutting the chicken with a knife and making sure there is no pink), remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or a side of vegetables.
I have been getting quite a few request’s from readers that include the “stats” of the recipes I post so here they are! Like always, enjoy and please let me know if you enjoyed the recipe!
Calories: 252 Carbs: 22 grams Fiber: 7 grams Protein: 33 grams Fat: 5 Sodium: 409 mg.