I love carbs… as in anything that has bread, starch or sugar. But you already knew that 😉 So when I am trying to stick to only vegetables, lean proteins and minimal beans, well the cravings get intense. For me, I find that the easiest was to curb these craving is to eat sweet potatoes. I’ve come to be a bit of a sweet potato genius (so humble of me I know), and one of my favorite ways to eat them is as fries.
The beauty of these fries is that they are not fried. They are soaked in warm water, marinated in coconut oil, vinegar, and spices, baked and finally placed under the broiler for just a few minutes.
They go so well with this sauce, however if you are not wanting to add any extra calories you can eat them on their own with lean meat that has been marinated. I especially like them with garlic and lime marinated chicken breast and a small greek salad f cucumbers, tomatoes and feta.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Minched Garlic
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Slice sweet potato into fry like pieces.
- Soak the potatoes in warm water for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix them well.
- Drain water from the soaking sweet potatoes and place sweet potato fries in the large bowl.
- Mix potatoes with marinade so that the fries are all coated.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refridgerater for 2 hours.
- Once marinated, remove from the refridgerater and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake on 350* for 20 minutes, tossing and flipping the fries often.
- After 20 minutes, place the broiler on for about 2 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, remove from the baking sheet and enjoy.
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Dill
- Combine all ingredients and serve cold.