When I was younger (7 or so) I ate so much cheese that I was constipated for about 5 days. How much cheese you ask? One pound… yes, I ate one pound of cheese by myself at the age of 7 over the time span of about 48 hours. In my parents defense, they had no idea what was happening. I snuck the cheese into my room and it just so happened that my mom who was busy juggling her 4 children and all of their wild friends, didn’t realize that her cheese was missing because apparently she wasn’t using the cheese for dinner either of those night.
To this day, I am a cheese fan! As in, if I had the opportunity to eat a pound of cheese again, without it affecting my health, I most definitely would! But as I have shared with you before… dairy doesn’t like me! I however do love me some dairy, so I have switched to organic and raw when possible cheeses and yogurt and I seem to do alright!
I was food-lusting on pinterest and I saw a picture titled “Caprese Chicken”. Unfortunately like so many of the pins on pinterest, this one did not ever lead me to a Caprese chicken recipe. So I took that as a challenge. I felt, or at least dreamt up the feeling, as if God melted my heart with the idea of making up a Caprese chicken recipe… so here it is!
this really isn’t a good picture and I apologize for that… I will attempt to make this soon and get a new one up in an update post
So this recipe is pretty simple but unbelievably delicious!
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 4 oz. Mozzarella Cheese – preferably organic and raw
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- If Chicken Breast’s are whole, slice in half (through their thickness) so that you have 4 servings
- In a skillet place, heat coconut oil on medium high for about 1-2 minutes.
- Place chicken breast in the pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice the tomato, and place a slice on each chicken breast.
- Cover the skillet with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low and let cook for 4-5 minutes or until the tomatoes are cooked through.
- Take the lid off the skillet and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Slice cheese in 1oz. servings and place 1oz. on each chicken breast.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and cook on medium-high for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and even crispy.
- Take the Caprese Chicken out of the skillet and enjoy
I am again apologetic for the poor picture but this really is a delicious chicken dish. I served mine up with roasted sweet potatoes and a cucumber feta salad.
Have a happy Tuesday and feel free to continue to pass around yesterday’s post to those around you!
Also, it was mozzarella cheese if anyone was wondering!