I am a snack-er, I always have been. Most of my family is to! For me it isn’t a good thing because when I want to snack it’s usually for something quick, flavorful and crunchy. Generally speaking, those three things usually do not lead to healthy. A few months a go however, I saw a picture on pinterest for Roasted Chickpeas and my mental juices started flowing. I read through the recipe that I saw and wasn’t to impressed. I made it any ways, and although I didn’t love those roasted chickpeas the experience gave me a great foundation to start some recipe developing.
After much work (not really, this is to much fun to be considered work), I finally came up with something that works. And by works, I mean my family all approves which doesn’t usually happen when we are talking about healthy food. SO here it goes…
- 1 Large Can of Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Coconut or Olive Oil
- Onion Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
- Open you can of Chickpeas and rinse well
- Lay out your chickpeas on paper towel that is over a large flat surface, then take another paper towel and rub the chickpeas in a circular motion.
- Place you chickpeas in a baking dish and then add the oil as well as your seasonings. Season mainly to taste however make sure to only lightly season with the salt and parmesan cheese (Healthy, remember).
- Bake in the oven on 450* for up to 40 minutes. Make sure you are checking every 10 minutes or so on the chickpeas stirring every time.
- Once done (they should look slightly crispy), allow to cool.
- Divide the cooled chickpeas in to 1/4 Cup serving sizes and store as you would store chips or crackers.
I promise that these are absolutely delicious and much better for you than chips, pretzels or crackers due to the protein, fat and carbs they provide for you. Like always, eat them in moderation!
Are you a snacker?
If so what is your usual go to quick snack?
Can you think of a recipe that you like but wish was a little healthier?
If so, comment or email me about it and hopefully I can come up with something a little healthier without losing the flavor you love so much!