The last two weeks have seemed to prove that I don’t do well with blogging on Fridays. And I apologize for that!
Yesterday I started a 21 day sugar detox. This wasn’t really planned, I just realized that in the next month I have 2 wedding and I naturally do well when challenged so I thought… why not?!
Yesterday’s eating went really well. Here is what I ate…
- Breakfast: an egg, peach and tomato
- Snack: 2 tbsp spicy guacamole on cucumber slices and 2 tbsp no sugar added almond butter with 1 small green apple
- Lunch/Dinner: Pesto Cavatappi with Rice Noodles and Chicken Breast
- Snack: Blueberries, Air Popped Pop Corn and 1/2 slice Ezekiel Bread with Nut Butter
Today also went well, except that I was in the sun all day and am feeling a bit dehydrated. Here is what I have eaten…
- Breakfast: 2 tbsp guacamole and 1 cup blueberries
- Lunch: Veggie burger and cup of lemon rice soup with a lot of pickles
- Snack: a banana and an apple
- Dinner: 1 cup green beans, 1 cup broccoli and 6 oz. steak
As you can see, I am eating natural sugars. The rules however are that I can only eat 3 fruits a day, and obviously no white sugar. The point of this is just simply so that I feel great at these events that I’m going to and to feel good as well.
Anyways, if you are interested in following this 21 day #nosugar challenge you can follow me on twitter where I am posting my meals and pictures of them.
I intend on going into more detail this week about the benefits of cutting sugar out of your diet so please stick around and happy weekend!