Wednesdays are usually a productive day for me… I’m far away from weekend junk food and into my weekday groove of workouts and runs. That most definitely isn’t the case today.
I slept on the couch last night because a certain 5-year old visitor (whom I have taken care of since 9 months old) stayed the night. Between her and the foot issue I am having with my right foot, well today seems like it is just going to be a wash. I don’t see a workout in the horizon due to my lack of babysitter as well as my lack of ability to run any distance on only one foot. And someone is expecting pancakes for breakfast.
So where does this leave me?
I also have about 3 loads of laundry to do today and carpets that MUST get vaccumed. My guess is that this blurb from me today sounds very familiar to anyone who is called “mom”.
I don’t want today to be a wash, and I don’t want to allow my health to be what get’s thrown to the birds on days like these.
I often think to myself on my “mom-days” things such as, “How do moms such as wellnessmama, the mommypotamus, and mama natural do it?” “Do they sleep at all?” “Are their kids really human to let them get done what they get done, are THEY even human?”
My guess is that if they read this, they would laugh. Laugh at the thought of their kids being perfect. Laugh at the thought of their house being perfect, and laugh at the thought of have more than 5 perfectly productive days in a row.
All of this comes down to the following.
- I’m sorry this post today is blah – but I’m really trying to keep with my pledge of consistency even if my best today isn’t that great.
- I’m thankful for the mom I had and all she did for us day in and day out and hope I can be a mom who puts her all into mothering when the time comes
- I don’t want to be a mom for quite some time
- Today my diet is going to be spot on (NO sugar, dairy, salt, yeast, gluten) to make up for the fact that my activity level is next to non-existent.
- Lastly, I’m not going to beat myself up for life happening and getting through it.